Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Upcoming Weeks

I really can't believe how fast the end of this year is going...

I can't believe there is a turkey in my freezer.  I can't believe I am buying Christmas presents on my day off.  I can't believe I am frantically scheduling extra baristas at work for next weekend (pray for us!).

I know that as you get older, time does move faster.  I remember waiting and waiting and wishing and counting the days until my birthday.  It seemed like the days dragged on and that I really was never going to turn 8!  :)  Now, I can barely breathe and it's Christmas again.

Today I went out shopping for Christmas gifts and found myself wondering if I was going to enjoy the holidays this year.  So often, we are so busy during this time of year that we forget to really enjoy it.  I tried to remember the last year that I didn't feel completely stressed out by Christmas Day or that I didn't get so worked up about a store being out of something that I needed to buy.  It was hard to remember that far back....so I made a vow to myself right there in the jellied cranberry sauce section of Publix that this year I am really going to make an effort to enjoy the holidays.

 I am so excited for Thanksgiving.  I am going to get up and watch the parade like always, and then cook my favorite meal of the year for my family!  I am going to get extra blankets and hot chocolate to snuggle in with my nephews while we watch football later that day.  I am going to experience the Christmas Pageant for the first time on December 8th.  I am going to see my momma perform Handel's Messiah on December 13th.  I am going to try my darndest to go see the Nutcracker this year!  And I am going to cherish every single moment.

Join me, won't you?  Happy Holidays y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment