Monday, November 21, 2011

Thirty Day Photo Challenge!- Day Six: Something Orange

Wouldn't it have just been easier for me to post a picture of my hair?  :)

Today's picture is just a quick look at how our table is shaping up for Thanksgiving!  I am very excited to be hosting this year!  Normally, my momma and I combine our efforts and co-host at her house for our big (and hungry!) family of about 18.  This year, Momma is in Arkansas celebrating Thanksgiving with my Peep and all of my Arkansas/Texas crew.  While I am super jealous, I can't wait for Thursday!  I will be up bright and early, to watch the parade of course, and then cooking all day!

What's interesting about how we celebrate here in Florida, is that the family we have here (all from Sebastian's side) never celebrated Thanksgiving before me.  Since they are from Chile, obviously, they did not celebrate the pilgrims and Indians breaking bread and giving thanks on US soil.  But just like they have always embraced me, they've embraced my traditions and come together every year to celebrate the country we all live in and how it began!

The menu will be strictly traditional.  The space will be limited... but the love, laughs and good times will be here in abundance!  And for that, I am already thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment