Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

I've always had this personal battle within myself of which holiday I prefer, Christmas or Thanksgiving.  More often than not, I slide more towards Christmas.  I think it's probably because it lasts longer.  Or maybe it's everyone's general niceness during the holidays.  But as the years pass, I find myself enjoying Thanksgiving more and more each year.  When I was younger, I couldn't do anything but watch the parade and wait for the food to be ready.  Now that I'm older, there's so much more about this holiday that draws me to it.  Of course, I still enjoy the parade.  And I love eating.  But seeing all of the love and happiness that surrounds this day every year just makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

This year was no exception!  The day came and went and I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it.  I've shared some photos below- Sebastian and I were very honored to host this year's meal at our home.

Our tablescape :)
I wrote "Thankful" in different languages for each plate.  This particular one is Spanish.

Thai...this one took forever!

Chinese
The star of the show!
My nephew, Ignacio and 2 of our cousins, Vannia & Aileen
A few of us right at the end (some had already gone to get into Black Friday lines!)
Decapitating the turkey for meat...Igna did not enjoy it :)
Christian had no problem with it!

Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving- let the shopping begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment