Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Thirty Day Photo Challenge!- Day Eight: Flowers

Man, these last couple of weeks have been crazy!  I know y'all all know what I'm talking about- Christmas parties, gift shopping, gift wrapping, and the list goes on & on!

I always love the week before Christmas, not only for the hustle & bustle of everything, but because I also get to celebrate my wedding anniversary!  When Sebastian & I got engaged, I definitely had visions of poinsettias & Christmas colors dancing in my head!  We both love this time of year so much, that we loved the idea of being able to celebrate our anniversary during this special time (although I'm not sure if all of our family appreciated the traveling right before Christmas...but they did it, 'cuz they love us!).

I woke up to these beautiful flowers (hence the photo challenge post):



This year, we went out for dinner at one of my favorite restaurants, Grand Lux Cafe (if you've never been, go NOW and order the beignets for dessert!).  We went to town- fried pickles, flautas and all of that stuff that's REAL good for you! :)  As you may have guessed, my favorite thing about Grand Lux is the dessert.  They fry up fresh beignets (New Orleans style) and bring you 3 different sauces to dip them in and they are UH-MAY-ZING.

Sorry for the darkness!
After dessert, he handed me a box to open.  I knew it was a jewelry box, but had no idea why I was getting it.  When I opened it, there was a ring I had seen back in Stuttgart (Arkansas) in August while I was visiting my family.  I drooled over it, but wasn't able to get it.  Well, after he heard me talk about it, he got in contact with my Aunt Gayla and cousin Darby and they pulled off a mission impossible!  I say this because...I am nosy.  There's really no other way to put it.  I always find stuff out and it's really hard to surprise me, but man!  They did it!  I was so shocked and touched.



After dinner, we went to catch a movie (he was going to endure "New Year's Eve" for me- now that's love!), but realized when we got there that the movie wasn't starting for another 2 hours!  And since we are old souls, we decided that would get us home too late.  :)

It was an amazing day and a great way to celebrate 6 wonderful years with my very best friend.




No comments:

Post a Comment