Saturday, October 29, 2011

Tea Parlor Sendoff

While this happened several months ago, since I am new to the blog world, I wanted to share this post with everyone.  I was able to co-host a goodbye party for my good friend, Katherine, when she and her family moved to Atlanta from South Florida this past June.  We had all just done a small group together in our church and were sad to see them go!

The royal wedding had just passed and we were all pretty enamored with the idea of having a "Royal Tea Party"; this was the perfect excuse!  There is a beautiful tea parlor in Parkland that is in the middle of a fairly new shopping plaza but you would never know it from the looks of this place.  I literally felt like I had stepped into one of the old mansions back in Arkansas- it was so cool!  When you sit at your table there are huge hats, scarves and pearl necklaces that you can wear and try on- too fun!  We all got tea, of course, and some gorgeous trays of petit fours and tea sandwiches that were really delicious.

It was beautiful and I would suggest it for any sort of get together for girls (ie: baby shower, bridal shower, etc.).  Although, they have men's hats and there was the sweetest old couple next to our table!  I've included some pics from the party (excuse the quality, they were taken with my iPod).  Enjoy!

I felt like I was in my Grandmother's house!

Miss Lydia and her loot!

We had so much fun with the hats and scarves!

Rachel showing us the proper way to drink tea!

Katherine and Lydia- we miss y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment