Friday, October 28, 2011

Can't Wait for Fall!

Last week was such a tease!  South Florida got a "cold snap" last week...this is not breaking news.  Our cold snaps are with lows of about 62 degrees.  And even though it wasn't that cold, everyone was out in jackets and in Starbucks ordering hot chocolates!  It was nice to get a small taste of the upcoming season.  This time of year always makes me miss Arkansas; I LOVE fall in my home state!  I've been going thru my fall recipes and thought I'd share one for the crock pot (or a regular stovetop pot) that I got from my good friend, Katherine.  It is super easy and delicious!

Sausage & Potato Soup

1 lb ground sausage
1 onion chopped
2 cups water
15 1/2 can chicken stock
1 can cream of chicken
1 can cream of celery
2 cups milk
16 oz frozen cubed hashbrowns (I usually use a little more)

Brown sausage and onion
Drain and add to large pot of chicken broth, water, and potatoes
Bring to boil and simmer about 30 minutes.
In separate small pot, warm soups and milk while the other pot simmers.
Add all together at end, stir and serve.
Can add cheese and/or sour cream garnish.
Enjoy and Happy Fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment